My Summer Hobby

I think everyone starts to rely on their hobbies during summer, we all have those boring days! My favourite hobby is collecting photos a...


I think everyone starts to rely on their hobbies during summer, we all have those boring days! My favourite hobby is collecting photos and scrapbooking them; it's a lot more fun than it sounds, so I thought I'd give my top scrapbooking tips and show you a few pages.



Watch videos. I often find that if I'm looking for scrapbook inspiration, it really helps to watch YouTube videos on it. There's some great process videos out there that really help with inspiration and can give you new techniques. Also they are relaxing to watch and you get to see so much pretty stationary.

KEEP EVERYTHING.
This sounds strange but seriously, keep tickets, receipts, business cards or even wrappers. Little things that you collect on days out are fab for putting in pages of your scrapbook and just add little reminders. I think tickets are the best or even pressed flowers.

Layering. When I first started my scrapbook, I'd place everything flat and precisely on the page and it looked ok but there was just something missing from the pages. I find that if you layer up on textures on the page, it's so much more interesting. I also like to tie things onto the page and just add lots of dimensions to it. This just makes the page more fun to look at and touch. 


Fill your kit. I find that having a box full of my scrapbooking things is really helpful because I fill it will off cuts of tissue paper or photos and jsyt general things I've collected and it's great to have it all in one place. I keep all my glue, double sided sticky tape and washi tape in there.




Washi tape; I usually buy it off Ebay because it's usually only £1.
Glue or double sided tape.
Scissors.
Tissue paper; it's helpful to tell your friends that you scrapbook and then any off cuts they get off packages can go in your kit.
Paper packs. You can usually pick these up off Ebay or in craft shops but they are great for layering or backgrounds.
Quote Cards. These aren't technically an essential for every scrapbook but I love using them in mine because I dont like my handwriting.

 I thought I'd show this page because it's an example of layering. I used all my lace and different papers to create an interesting background for the photos and I think all the colours work well together as a theme.


I did a double page spread for me and my best friend and I thought this was a good example of all the different techniques. I used lots of tape as the background and then layered up on tissue papers and brown paper to make the photos stand out more. I also used my own things, like the pages Grace wrote me when we left school to add in extra memories and some pressed flowers grace made me.

Hope you enjoyed this, whats your hobby?






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is a great post! I've thought about scrapbooking but never really got round to doing it! Maybe this summer would be a great time to start! X

    Whitney xoxo
    www.whitneylorenbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I recently found an old scrapbook that I'd intended to start but never had, so now I've started using it. The pages are nowhere near as good as yours yet but I'm trying!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrapbook looks amazing & these are some great tips! :) I've always loved the idea of scrapbooking but I haven't actually tried it yet - I do collect tickets and stuff but I usually just keep them all in a box x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scrapbook is amazing! I love scrap-booking but I find it so hard to keep it going! Yours has given me lot's of inspiration though xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.