A Letter To Someone I Used To Know

Dear Someone I used to know, Many times people walk out of my life, often they return. Sometimes people come into my life and never...


Dear Someone I used to know,

Many times people walk out of my life, often they return. Sometimes people come into my life and never leave. Others never come back after they leave and that's okay. The thing is, people change. I still think about you everyday, but I only remember who you used to be. You have changed in many ways, as have I, but instead this time I notice it more because you are no longer in my life. 

Social media is a wonderful thing. For the last few years I have seen you change through photos and through your words, I have even met your new family and friends through them. I know I don't know them, but I knew you. I see the photos and I don't feel hatred or jealousy, I feel happy. I am happy you have found what you always wanted, even if that life doesn't include me. You found your happy place, I'm sure I'll find mine.

You were my family once. I remember my entire life looking up to you, wanting to do the things you did and you made me want to reach for the stars and achieve all my goals. I still look up to you, I still want to achieve my goals. Most of all, you taught me to take one day at a time, no matter how hard the day gets, to keep going because tomorrow will be another day, it might be better, it might be worse, but I would've survived another day. You had your flaws, I had mine. You were my best friend. You were someone I could rely on, someone I could trust and more importantly someone who made me feel safe. 

For years we were side by side. For years you helped me with so much, you helped me through the hardest times. We also shared the best times together, you always knew how to make everything good. And I know that a lot of what you did was to cover up things and distract me from what was really going on. This is where I wish you let me realize sooner. Nevertheless, it wasn't too late, but I'm still learning, especially when you left.

I will always be around. I know the chances of us seeing each other again are very low, but we are still here and I will always hope that I'll see you again one day. But for now, I'm happy and it looks like you are too. We never said goodbye, this isn't goodbye. 

See you soon,
Whitney


PS: Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have had some personal things going on, but I'm back!! I hope you are enjoying the new seven bloggers we have! See you soon!

XOXO

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is so beautifully written, Whitney!

    Anna. X
    http://afabulousfeminist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.