Book Releases That I'm Looking Forward To Most in 2017

I am huge book nerd, and I always begin each year with all the release dates of all the books that I am looking forward to most, usually tha...

I am huge book nerd, and I always begin each year with all the release dates of all the books that I am looking forward to most, usually that newest installments of whatever book series I am currently obsessing over, fresh in my mind. Here are the book releases that I am looking forward to most this year (most of which involve magical mayhem):



The Empty Grave by Jonathan Stroud
If you are wondering when I will ever stop babbling about Jonathan Stroud's books, the answer is never! Stroud is a fantastic writer, and I am completely smitten with everything about his Lockwood and Co series- the characters, the world-building, the plot, I mean everything. So of course I am looking forward to The Empty Grave with such barely concealed impatience that I am likely to drive myself and/or everyone around me crazy before it's even released.


Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner
After five years of no word (not even a title!) on book five of The Queen's Thief series, I had pretty much given up and assumed that I would be reading this book to my grandchildren. So I can't even begin to describe how happy I am that we are getting more of Eugenides, Attolia, Sophos, and Edis' stories this spring. (As for the fact that Turner says there is still one more book to go in the series after this, well, I'm trying not to think of that).


A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab
I don't seem to adore this series or its characters as much as everyone else does, but after A Gathering Shadows' downright EVIL cliffhanger ending, I have absolutely got to know what is going to happen next.

Lady Helen and The Dark Days Pact by Alison Goodman
In so much of YA historical fiction (or really historical fiction in general), the history often feels barely there, but Alison Goodman's Regency-era London meticulously researched and convincingly described to the point where it feels like something right out of a Jane Austen novel. Except, of course for the soul-sucking demons disguised as humans and warriors dedicated to their eradication.


Lois Lane: Triple Threat by Gwenda Bond
I love Gwenda Bond's take on Lois Lane's teenage years to pieces, and can't wait for the next installment, especially since Bond hinted at the future appearance of several prominent DC characters in Double Down!


An Ember in the Ashes #3 by Sabaa Tahir
This book doesn't have a title yet, but that doesn't prevent me from being crazy excited for it. Elias, Laia, and Helene's world is one that occupies your thoughts long after you have turned its final page, and I can't wait to see their stories continued. Tahir is a master at writing books so tautly suspenseful that they are just impossible to put down, and I can't wait to lose hours of sleep to this one.


Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
After reading her phenomenal Six of Crows duology, it's clear to me that Leigh Bardugo has no problem writing compelling, courageous female protagonists, so I can't wait to see her tackle one of my favorite kick-butt ladies, Wonder Woman!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.