It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas..

I am so excited for Through Our Eyes' first Christmas! I can't believe it's December already! I get so excited when it's...


I am so excited for Through Our Eyes' first Christmas! I can't believe it's December already! I get so excited when it's December, as do so many other people! How can you not love Christmas? So I've decided to kick off blogmas with my favourite things about Christmas, both now and when I was a child.

I have to admit, finding out that there was no Santa really didn't bother me, although there is so much I miss about believing in Santa! I miss writing my Christmas lists addressed to him, I miss being on the naughty and nice list and I also miss leaving a stranger a cookie and milk for the rest of his travels to young kids like me, not to forget the one carrot I left out for all nine reindeer's - the logic! So here's a list of what I loved about Christmas when I believed in Santa:


  • The Christmas spirit in school - I loved doing Christmas plays, wearing Christmas jumpers, raising money for that one girl or boy my teacher picked for our class just so Santa could visit her and leave her some presents and every lesson in December being Christmas related!! Who else misses the paper tree decorations and the personalized Christmas cards we took home to our parents?! 

  • Having chocolate every morning from my advent calendar!

  • Going to visit the fake Santa's in their grotto's just for the chocolate selection box! Although, I don't look very pleased with mine in this picture! He obviously didn't give me that rabbit I wanted.. 

  • Singing Christmas songs on repeat, all day, every day!
  • Watching back-to-back episodes on Disney Channel for days and watching all the Christmas specials!
  • Trying my hardest to stay awake to catch Santa in the act or to hear him, but falling asleep the next morning to all the presents he had left so neatly in my living room! OR most years I would wake up with a new bedding and pajamas which "Santa" magically changed in the middle of the night!
  • Waking up at 5AM to see if Santa had come, waking up my parents and making them watch me open all my presents - sorry, but I'm not!
  • Opening all my presents.. that's an obvious one!
  • Spending time with my family and finding out what Santa brought all my cousins.
  • Writing a thank you letter to Santa for all the gifts and that I hope he has plenty of rest to deliver more to me next year (what a cheek!).
  • Having a second Christmas Day on Boxing Day because my parents were separated! I loved a double Christmas!!!


Now that I'm older, I have a different Santa, my mother and the rest of my family! It is quite scary to think that in a few years my mother will no longer be my Santa as I'll be too old to wake up on Christmas morning and run down stairs to see what she has bought me and instead it will one gift given to me when we visit eachother on Christmas Day! Nevertheless, this is what I love about Christmas now:

  • Giving - I absolutely love buying presents for my friends and family! I always feel guilty for splurging on things for myself but I have no will power when it comes to buying gifts for other people! 
  • Walking around the shops and the Christmas markets and smelling Christmas everywhere!! weird??
  • Although I absolutely hate gravy, one of my favourite things about Christmas Day is the Christmas dinner! I just love food!!
  • Not waking up at stupid o'clock to open my presents.
  • Spending time with my family and friends!
  • Opening presents - still, I also don't think I will ever not!
  • The fashion!! Especially this year anyway!
  • I love the decorations now that I'm older as it all looks so pretty, but when I was younger, I don't actually think I cared!
  • The festive drinks in Costa and Starbucks - especially Costa's melted marshmallow hot chocolate and Starbucks' fudge hot chocolate!
                                    

  • Lush's Christmas range - I mean who doesn't love it?
  • Seeing the joy of children because Santa Claus is coming to TOOOOOWN!


What do you love about Christmas? Do you miss childhood Christmas? I would love to know!

See you in a fortnight! Enjoy December!

XOXO

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this post so much! Everything festive is so great, and I love the drinks that cafés do this time of year! This Christmas is going to be extra special as my sister will be coming home from university for the holidays, so I'll be seeing her for the first time in a while- and we'll be celebrating!

    Anna. X
    http://afabulousfeminist.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.