Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

I hope you've all had a wonderful first week of 2017 and that it's being good to you. I've already written a post over on my b...

I hope you've all had a wonderful first week of 2017 and that it's being good to you. I've already written a post over on my blog: Emsi Rose, with a summary of my New Years Resolutions, or more accurately, my January resolutions but that's all summarised over there. 
So I thought I would use this post as a summary and reflection of 2016. It's been a tough year and I think in the grand scheme of things it's quite easy to say it was a bad year but it really wasn't.

In January it snowed and oh how I love snow. It wasn't heavy but I think that can be the best kind because you can still go about daily life but appreciate the change in surrounding. Little changes always make the biggest differences I feel.

February brought me a trip to London, some money spent in the Oxford Street Lush and seeing Wicked in the West End, which I must say was INCREDIBLE!! This has to be one of my favourite family trips.

At the beginning of March, I took a trip to Anglesey and enjoyed it very much. Seaside towns and beautiful sights. Followed by Easter and chocolate eggs!

April brought the donation of 9 inches of my hair and a new style! What an experience, I would definitely do it if you can.

May was a quieter month, preparing for my GCSEs and celebrating my sister's birthday! It was also around the time I went Vegetarian and I'm not looking back.

June brought exams but even better Prom!! An experience I will never forget and love looking back at photos from the night.

In July I had no school and my birthday! I also attempted to start a YouTube channel but realised I need to learn how to balance my time a little better in order for that to become something I can sustain, keep your eyes peeled though as it will be back!

Around August I realised I needed a break and set off on a Family holiday to the south of France. I never blogged about it because I didn't have the time and had too many photos to edit. I also started working my first part-time job which meant I had to get up at 6 am every morning and I was VERY tired.

September was the month of back to school. Finalising my A Levels after a set of GCSE results I was very proud of (particularly my A* in Drama! As it was quite unexpected on my part). I ended up choosing to study Biology, Chemistry, English Language and History and although they're hard work it's great to be focusing on things I'm passionate about.

In October I launched the #ThursdayThoughts series on my blog which I'm hoping to pick up again this year.

November was another quiet month, but I got to know some wonderful girls who moved to my Sixth Form, they've become my rocks and I know that we will be friends for life because each one of their personalities brings something positive into my life and a new adventure full of giggles every day.

Finishing in December I wasn't particularly hyped for Christmas and lost a little bit of motivation. I used the time to build myself back up into the passionate and driven person I believe I can be and with the New Year, I'm here. Back to blogging more often, working harder and smiling wider.

2016 was quite a task and probably the hardest year of my life to date but I grew, I really grew as a person and can't wait to see where 2017 takes me. What's your favourite memory/milestone from 2016? Where do you hope 2017 will take you? 

Let me know in the comments!
XO

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. That's amazing you donated your hair!! I love the idea of this post, it's such a nice way to reflect over the past year XX

    The Fashion Road.com
    Instagram @louisefrancescaa

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.